Prayer Opportunities On Line: There have been changes to the weekly prayer opportunities schedule due to a variety of reasons. Please look at the weekly schedule below or in the Bulletin, on Facebook and the Parish app to keep current. Join us as you can for the Rosary at Noon or Evening Prayer. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Parish Secretary or Deacon Owen.
There will be no Daily Rosary opportunities this week.
January 17 at 7 pm
January 19 at 7 pm
January 20 at 7 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 6896 9337 Passcode: 405931
Saints of January:
Jan 19, 2022 at 6 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 858 4232 9270 Passcode: 740095
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday at 8 am
Thursday at 6 pm
First Saturdays at 8 am
Saturday at 4:30 pm
Sunday at 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Saturday at 3:30 pm
Fridays before first Saturdays after the 8 am Mass
Otherwise, please call the office for an appointment with the pastor or the appropriate staff member, or with any questions or needs.
Click here for information from the Erie Diocese Office of Child Protection.
Please be reminded of Bishop Persico’s guidelines for attending Mass:
• With increased COVID cases in Mercer County, for their own protection and that of others, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that all wear masks while in church.
• .It is recommended that those approaching for Communion should sanitize their hands before entering the line to receive Communion.
• Bishop Persico's words at the Town Hall Meeting: ‘I really, really encourage you to receive Communion in the hand, out of consideration for people at this moment it would be best to receive Communion in the hand. This is about charity.’
Father David's Archive Letters
Parish Book Club News: Our first book of 2022 will be "Coach Wooden's Forgotten Teams" by Pat Williams with Jim Denney. Besides being one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time, Coach Wooden ran scores of summer youth basketball camps. He imparted his coaching and teaching skill to thousands of athletes and impacted hundreds of camp counselors. His wisdom and life lessons are inspiring. This is a one-of-a-kind book. Join us by purchasing this book at most bookstores or online. We will meet January 19 at 11 am on line. How to connect is below. Hope to see you.
Topic: CBD Book Club
Time: Jan 19, 2022 11 am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 893 3603 3774 Passcode: 592101
Engaged Couples: Plan Ahead for a Happy, Healthy Marriage
The Marriage and Family Life Office is hosting an Engagement Encounter weekend this January 28-30, 2022. Engagement Encounter is a restful retreat designed to provide engaged couples the tools for a happy, holy, and lasting marriage. Here’s what folks have loved in the past: Time as a couple to focus on their relationship, a community that prays and has fun together, a nonjudgmental atmosphere, the chance to set a good foundation for their marriage, and the opportunity to retreat from busy wedding details and enjoy each other. Learn more or register at https://www.eriercd.org/familylifeoffice/ee.html. We would love to welcome you this January!
Men's 2232 Conference
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12th! MEN 2232 CONFERENCE 8:30 am - 12:00 Noon Event At St. Jude Parish, Erie, and at local parishes in NW PA and NE Ohio. Our conference will be held live at St. Jude Parish in Erie and will also be broadcast out to parishes in the Erie Diocese and others in surrounding areas. Our website has a list of those parishes.
Speakers for the 9th Annual 22:32 Men’s Conference
BEAR WOZNICK: World Champion Surfer, motorcycle enthusiast, skydiver, martial artist and evangelist? It’s true! This Hawaii 5-O stuntman will help you find God in places you never imagined. Bear is a truly unique Christian man. Full of life and full of humor, he will deliver a talk that you‘ll be thinking about for a long, long time.
FATHER ANTHONY BAETZOLD, CFR: Father Anthony Baetzold, CFR, is a unique Catholic speaker with an unusual background. He grew up in Rochester, NY, attended Penn State University, and worked as a clinical research scientist before joining the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in 1996. He was ordained a priest in 2005.
2232 Men’s Official Prayer
Holy Father, thank you for your love in making us adopted sons in Jesus. Fill us with your Holy Spirit so we learn to repent and grow in holiness. Teach us to become the men you created us to be. Help us to strengthen our brothers and live Your will. We ask this through our Lord and brother Jesus Christ.
Seventh Annual 138 Women's Conference
Say "Yes!" to the 7th Annual 138 Women’s Conference. The conference will be held from 8:30-12:30 on March 12, 2022. You may attend live at St. Jude Parish in Erie, PA, virtually at satellite parishes via zoom, or in your own home via zoom. The cost is $20. This year's conference will feature national speakers Lisa Hendey, best selling author and founder of CatholicMom.com, and Patricia Breen who writes online for Blessed is She, Fem Catholic, Grotto Network and CatholicMatch. Visit our website at www.138women.com for more information and to
- Community Blood Drive at the Knights of Columbus Hall Monday, January 31 from 1 pm -7 pm.
- The Kindred Spirit Thursday Morning Bible Study resumed meeting on June 3, 2021 at 10 am in the Schleigh Library. PLEASE COME AND JOIN US. (Please enter through the Faith Formation Entrance.)
- The Legion of Mary meets in the library every Monday at 7:00 pm. A number of us meet every Tuesday at 6:00 pm to pray the rosary.
Please pray for our parishioners who have gone to be with the Lord...
- Robert L. Herndon, born October 18, 1936, diec January 4, 2022
- Mary Lou Leigh, born October 23, 1954, died December 11, 2021
- Joseph N. Alessio, born April 4, 1958, died November 28, 2021
- Norman F. Sheba, born April 18, 1938, died November 23, 2021
- Blanche E. DeGregory Bonanni, born September 21, 1926, died November 16, 2021
- John "Pat" Solema, born October 20, 1938, died November 6, 2021
- Martin James Donahue, born May 2, 1939, died September 9, 2021
- Virginia Margaret Razzano, born July 12, 1928, died August 19, 2021
- Mary C. Slusser, born November 24, 1942, died July 26, 2021
- Mary Theresa Falcetta, born January 28, 1926, died July 19, 2021
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Church of the Beloved Disciple whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Click here to register at AmazonSmile.
New to our Community? Join our Parish!
Welcome to our parish! Please contact the parish office for an appointment to register or print a copy of the Parish Registration Form to fill out at home. You can mail or deliver your completed form or place it in the collection basket. If your printer permits, you may print it on both sides of the paper. We hope you will become a part of our parish family!
For all Sacraments: Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Penance, Marriage and Holy Orders, or the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), please call the parish office for information and assistance.
Submit a Prayer Request