We are so grateful for the support that you give so generously to our parish community and to the Grove City community. If you have taken an angel from the tree, please return gifts to the church by Sunday, Dec. 13th. All gifts should be unwrapped. Please attach the tag that you took from the tree to the package so we are sure that gifts are given to the right family. Thank you again for your generosity. Call Victoria Wagner at (724) 748-6700 ext. 116 if you have any questions.
JOIN US FOR ADVENT BINGO!!!
WHEN: DECEMBER 12TH AT 7:30 PM VIA ZOOM
WHO: SINGLES, COUPLES, FAMILIES, EVERYONE!
Email Angie Felicetty at [email protected] and let her know how many want to play. Bingo card(s) will be sent to you. We will also sing Christmas Carols!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FAITH FORMATION (LIFT) TAB ABOVE FOR AN IMPORTANT LIFT UPDATE.
For a schedule of Parish Prayer Experiences for the week of November 29th, click here.
Advent Candle Lighting with Evening Prayer : Join other members of our Parish family each evening, Sunday through Friday, starting on Sunday Nov 29th at 7:00 PM for an Advent Candle Lighting Service on ZOOM followed by Evening Prayer. We will sing, and pray and prepare our hearts for the Coming of the Lord. To become a part of the celebration, just follow the schedule for Evening prayer which will be in the Bulletin, Beloved Disciple Website and App, Beloved Disciple Facebook and Emails from our Parish. Any questions contact Deacon Owen in the Parish Office.
Parish Book Club
Parish Book Club Meeting: The next Book Club meeting will be Thursday Dec. 3 at 11:00 AM and 7:30PM. We generally meet for about an hour. How to connect to the meetings is provided below. Any questions v\call Deacon Owen in the Parish Office. Hope you can join us.
Topic: Parish Book Club
Time: Dec 3, 2020 11:00 AM Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 813 6677 4193
Topic: Parish Book Club at 7:30
Time: Dec 3, 2020 07:30 PM Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 848 2648 6977
STATE OF PARISH REOPENING
On June 1, 2020, Bishop Persico granted permission for the churches of the Diocese of Erie to reopen for the celebration of public masses. This permission has brought great joy and solace to many of us in the opportunity to gather for the Eucharistic celebration and reception of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, but for some there is still hesitancy in large gatherings in the midst of this pandemic. All of these feelings and struggles are “normal” and need to be prayerfully considered on an individual basis.
A couple of things to remember:
- Bishop Persico gave permission for us to gather for public mass, but we must keep all restrictions (masks, social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc.)
- Bishop Persico continued the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. If you are anxious, or ill, or weary you do not have an obligation to attend.
- The Diocese is following the recommendations of Governor Wolf and does not permit any social gathering of more than 25 people (this does not include mass). In fact, the Diocese strongly recommends that all unnecessary social gatherings and organization meetings be postponed, or held remotely, until further notice.
- Some have requested for their organization to meet – and at this time no group may have regular meetings in church facilities.
- Our faith formation program has gone to on-line (zoom learning) until January 2021, when we will re-evaluate the situation and make the decision concerning continued remote or on-site learning.
- Our parish office has been closed from “walk-up” business since the March 17th closure decree. I want to afford parishioners the chance to do in-person business here, but I ask that make an appointment with the proper staff member including myself.
- The church is open for private prayer during the days when the office staff is present. (Monday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm).
We are adapting to this new time and, regretfully, there is no map to guide us to deal with every new day and every new situation – so, let us pray for one another and support one another in this journey. As this pandemic evolves so will the Diocesan Policies and Parish guidelines. I promise to keep you informed and aware of all I know.
Blessings and good health to all.
We, the Church of the Beloved Disciple, are called by our Baptism to worship God through liturgy and the sacraments to serve others by ministering to the community and to actively spread the Gospel.
- Church of the Beloved Disciple Mission Statement
- 1310 S Center St. Ext., Grove City, PA 16127 Phone: (724) 748-6700
Find us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/BelovedDiscipleParish/ or click the Facebook icon at the top of the page.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 8 am
Saturday at 4:30 pm
Sunday at 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Saturday at 3:30 pm
Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Please pray for our parishioners who have gone to be with the Lord...
- Dolores F. "Deo" Gallagher, born January 15, 1936, died October 31, 2020
- James T. Gallagher, born March 16, 1933, died October 9, 2020
- Mary L. Lucas, born January 14, 1919, died September 27, 2020
- Patrick W. Kearney, born March 3, 1937, died September 19, 2020
- Jean S. Slencak, born November 14, 1935, died August 21, 2020
- Justin R. Gallagher, born August 9, 1961, died August 6, 2020
- Thomas J. Garry, born July 2, 1944, died June 28, 2020
- Father Michael P. Allison, born September 13, 1959, died June 27, 2020
- Frank S. Kubiczki, born January 11, 1931, died June 20, 2020
- Leo Thomas Cummings, born May 17, 2020, died May 21, 2020
- John J. Regalski, Jr., born February 10,1944, died May 15, 2020
- John J. Stote, born September 23, 1935, died May 15, 2020
- Ann C. Moneck, born October 26, 1920, died May 13, 2020
- Estelle "Teddie" Roofner Cowan, born August 6, 1930, died May 12, 2020
- Michael R. Messina, born September 15, 1940, died May 9, 2020
- David P. Ziccardi, born October 27, 1962, died May 1, 2020
Click here for information from the Erie Diocese Office of Child Protection.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Church of the Beloved Disciple whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Click here to register at AmazonSmile.
- Catholic’s Divorce Healing Program Offered. The Catholic’s Divorce Survival Guide (CDSG), a 12-week group program, will be held online beginning Oct. 14. The weeks will run Wednesdays from Oct. 14 to Nov. 18, and finishing on Wednesdays from Jan. 13 to Feb. 17. All sessions will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. A link to join the online video conference will be sent to participants when they register. The cost is $20 for the book/journal. For more information and/or to register, call Kate at 814-824-1261 or Tim at 720-775-9986, email [email protected] or go to www.eriercd.org/cdsg.html.
- Book Club: Our next selection for the Parish Book Club is Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy B Vanderah. It can be purchased at amazon.com or other retailers. Our November book club meetings are on Dec. 10 at 11 am and 7:30 pm. The meeting will be on line; feel free to contact the office with any questions.
- All other events at the Church and the Knights of Columbus have been cancelled until further notice.
Living In Faith Together (LIFT) Information
New to our Community? Join our Parish!
Welcome to our parish! Please contact the parish office for an appointment to register or print a copy of the Parish Registration Form to fill out at home. You can mail or deliver your completed form or place it in the collection basket. If your printer permits, you may print it on both sides of the paper. We hope you will become a part of our parish family!
For all Sacraments: Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Penance, Marriage and Holy Orders, or the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), please call the parish office for information and assistance.
Submit a Prayer Request