The 2021 Catholic Services Appeal will be held next weekend in our parish. The CSA is an opportunity for Catholics throughout the diocese to join together in doing the work of Christ. The CSA reminds us that we are all part of the same Catholic family and that the work of the diocese is the work of the church. The church serves each of us and our support is essential in continuing God’s work in our area. Every CSA donation also brings us closer to being able to complete our own parish project [describe parish project]. No gift is too small, but please give as generously as you can. Click here to watch a video from Bishop Persico.
Parish Book Club
March Book Club Information: Our next book is "The Cedar Key", by Stephenia H. McGee. It the story of a woman embarking on a heart-stirring journey that ignites her faith and leads to a startling discovery. The book can be purchased at most online book sites. Please join us if you can. Any questions contact the Parish Office. Meeting dates and Zoom information will be posted shortly. Click here for meeting and Zoom information.
STATE OF PARISH REOPENING
On June 1, 2020, Bishop Persico granted permission for the churches of the Diocese of Erie to reopen for the celebration of public masses. This permission has brought great joy and solace to many of us in the opportunity to gather for the Eucharistic celebration and reception of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, but for some there is still hesitancy in large gatherings in the midst of this pandemic. All of these feelings and struggles are “normal” and need to be prayerfully considered on an individual basis.
A couple of things to remember:
- Bishop Persico gave permission for us to gather for public mass, but we must keep all restrictions (masks, social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc.)
- Bishop Persico continued the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. If you are anxious, or ill, or weary you do not have an obligation to attend.
- The Diocese is following the recommendations of Governor Wolf and does not permit any social gathering of more than 25 people (this does not include mass). In fact, the Diocese strongly recommends that all unnecessary social gatherings and organization meetings be postponed, or held remotely, until further notice.
- Some have requested for their organization to meet – and at this time no group may have regular meetings in church facilities.
- Our faith formation program has gone to on-line (zoom learning) until January 2021, when we will re-evaluate the situation and make the decision concerning continued remote or on-site learning.
- Our parish office has been closed from “walk-up” business since the March 17th closure decree. I want to afford parishioners the chance to do in-person business here, but I ask that make an appointment with the proper staff member including myself.
- The church is open for private prayer during the days when the office staff is present. (Monday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm).
We are adapting to this new time and, regretfully, there is no map to guide us to deal with every new day and every new situation – so, let us pray for one another and support one another in this journey. As this pandemic evolves so will the Diocesan Policies and Parish guidelines. I promise to keep you informed and aware of all I know.
Blessings and good health to all.
We, the Church of the Beloved Disciple, are called by our Baptism to worship God through liturgy and the sacraments to serve others by ministering to the community and to actively spread the Gospel.
- Church of the Beloved Disciple Mission Statement
- 1310 S Center St. Ext., Grove City, PA 16127 Phone: (724) 748-6700
Find us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/BelovedDiscipleParish/ or click the Facebook icon at the top of the page.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 8 am
Saturday at 4:30 pm
Sunday at 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Saturday at 3:30 pm
Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Please pray for our parishioners who have gone to be with the Lord...
- Valentine E. "Gene" Bulfone, born March 26, 1935, died January 22, 2021
- Betty M. Bell, born November 14, 1924, died January 4, 2021
- Jennie A. Cemate Buccini, born May 8, 1926, died December 31, 2020
- Consetta Helen Trepasso, born June 4, 1926, died December 22, 2020
- Paul A. Miklos, born July 18, 1960, died December 26, 2020
- Ethel M. Shaffer, born October 19, 1919, died December 21, 2020
- Dr. Charles A. Zuzak, born August 21, 1935, died November 29, 2020
- Dolores F. "Deo" Gallagher, born January 15, 1936, died October 31, 2020
- James T. Gallagher, born March 16, 1933, died October 9, 2020
- Mary L. Lucas, born January 14, 1919, died September 27, 2020
- Patrick W. Kearney, born March 3, 1937, died September 19, 2020
- Jean S. Slencak, born November 14, 1935, died August 21, 2020
- Justin R. Gallagher, born August 9, 1961, died August 6, 2020
Click here for information from the Erie Diocese Office of Child Protection.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Church of the Beloved Disciple whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Click here to register at AmazonSmile.
Living In Faith Together (LIFT) Information
- Ash Wednesday Masses - February 17 at 7 am and 7 pm.
- Calling all Couples: The observances of National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14) and World Marriage Day (Sunday, Feb. 14) are an opportunity to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family. The theme for 2021 is “To Have, To Hold, To Honor.” All married couples and engaged couple are invited to join in three separate opportunities, on February 14, February 21, and February 28 (pick one or all three) to celebrate and live the great gift of married life. There is no cost, and each session will take less than an hour and is online. The topics and Zoom information are listed in the bulletin. Join us to spend time with your spouse or fiancé discovering or rediscovering the great gift of your marriage. Session 1: A Quick Marriage Retreat Sunday Feb. 14 from 3:00 to 4:00 PM on Zoom.com
- Stations of the Cross - 7 pm on Fridays during Lent, except for Good Friday
- LENTEN FRIDAY FISH DINNERS Sponsored by Grove City Knights of Columbus and the Beloved Disciple Rosary Altar Society at the Knights of Columbus Hall on the Fridays during Lent, except for Good Friday, from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Carry out only.
- Book Club Update: Our book for March is "The Cedar Key" by Stephenia H. McGee. It the story of a woman embarking on a heart stirring journey that ignites her faith and leads to startling discovery. The book can be purchased at most on line book sites. The March meeting will be held on March 25 at 11 am or 7:30 pm via ZOOM. Please join us if you can.
- 22:32 MEN’S CONFERENCE: Eight Annual Men’s Conference life-streamed here at Beloved Disciple on
Saturday, February 27th from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. All men of the parish are welcome! You must pre-register, online at www.2232Men.com (use the group name “Beloved Brothers” for a $5.00 discount)
- All other events at the Church and the Knights of Columbus have been cancelled until further notice.
New to our Community? Join our Parish!
Welcome to our parish! Please contact the parish office for an appointment to register or print a copy of the Parish Registration Form to fill out at home. You can mail or deliver your completed form or place it in the collection basket. If your printer permits, you may print it on both sides of the paper. We hope you will become a part of our parish family!
For all Sacraments: Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Penance, Marriage and Holy Orders, or the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), please call the parish office for information and assistance.
Submit a Prayer Request