NEW DAILY MASS SCHEDULE BEGINNING THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 6TH
Beginning the week of September 6th our DAILY Mass schedule will change to:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday — 8:00am (Labor Day — 9:30am)
Thursday — 6:00pm 1st Saturdays — 8:00am
Also, beginning the week of September 6th, our monthly 24 Hour Adoration will resume following the morning daily Mass on Fridays before first Saturdays and will conclude on Saturday prior to first Saturday Mass. Our parish offices will be open on Thursdays ONLY from 9am—4pm. Thursday Adoration from 2-4pm will be discontinued.
LIFT Kick Off
LIFT KICK OFF is September 12th following the 11:00am Mass at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Please RSVP how many will be attending so we can plan accordingly.
Prayer Opportunities On Line
Prayer Opportunities On Line: There have been changes to the weekly prayer opportunities schedule due to a variety of reasons. Please look at the weekly schedule in the Bulletin, website, Facebook and Parish app to keep current. There are some monthly Specials such as Talk Saves Lives Sept 21. Join us as you can for the Rosary at Noon or Evening Prayer. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Parish Secretary or Deacon Owen (ext. 110).
Rosary at Noon:
September 21 at noon
September 22 at noon
September 23 at noon
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 5009 2060 Passcode: 725821
September 20 at 7 pm
September 22 at 7 pm
September 23 at 7 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 5143 5620 Passcode: 364787
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday at 8 am
Thursday at 6 pm
First Saturdays at 8 am
Saturday at 4:30 pm
Sunday at 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Saturday at 3:30 pm
Fridays before first Saturdays after the 8 am Mass
Otherwise, please call the office for an appointment with the pastor or the appropriate staff member, or with any questions or needs.
Please be reminded of Bishop Persico’s guidelines for attending Mass:
• Both for their protection and that of others, the following are strongly encouraged to wear masks while in church:
• Those not fully vaccinated and those who are more comfortable doing so.
• Everyone regardless of their vaccination status in counties where the transmission rate is substantial or high, for as long as that situation persists.
• . It is recommended that those approaching for Communion should sanitize their hands before entering the line to receive Communion.
• Bishop Persico's words at the Town Hall Meeting: ‘I really, really encourage you to receive Communion in the hand, out of consideration for people at this moment it would be best to receive Communion in the hand. This is about charity.’
Father David's Archive Letters
Click here for information from the Erie Diocese Office of Child Protection.
Book Club Update: Our next Parish Book Club selection is Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Where the Crawdads Sing is an ode to the natural world and reminds us that we are forever shaped by the children we once were. The book can be bought on line or at your favorite local book store. Our next meeting will be Wednesday September 22, in person, at 11 am (room location to be announced later) or on Zoom, and again at 6 pm online (Zoom). Zoom connection information will be available prior to the meeting. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deacon Owen in the Parish Office at extension 110. Join in the fun of reading and discussion that this book will generate. Looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd of September.
11 am meeting online: Meeting ID 819 6680 9491 Passcode 280085
6 pm meeting online: Meeting ID 857 0491 0069 Passcode 329107
Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: September is Suicide Prevention Awareness month. Please take time to familiarize yourself with what YOU can do to address this Pro-Life Issue. There will be information available (such as a Mercer County Directory of Resources) in the Gathering Space, plus online information and seminars to learn and discuss this important Pro-Life Issue that affects all of us in one way or another. If you have questions, please contact Deacon Owen in the Parish Office at extension 110.
Talk Saves Lives: Join an on-line seminar (Zoom) on Suicide Prevention Tuesday September 21 at 7 pm. The seminar lasts about one hour with discussion to follow. How to connect to the Talk Saves Lives Seminar and presentation is listed below. Please join us for this Pro-Life Issue. If you have questions contact Deacon Owen in the Parish Office (x110).
The Beloved Disciple Community is invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Talk Saves Lives Time: Sep 21, 2021 07 pm
Meeting ID: 897 5718 8359 Passcode: 445064
Strengthening Families Program (for Parents and Children): Beloved Disciple will be hosting this free program that is fun for the family, focusing on parents' and youths' already existing strengths; dinner is provided. The Program, developed by Iowa State University, starts October 6 at 5:30 pm (with dinner provided) and ends at 8 pm. This 7-week program for families with children ages 10-14 addresses both Parent and Youth topics in breakout sessions, then joining together to discuss family topics. Registration is required. A registration form is available in the Parish Office or contact Deacon Owen in the Parish Office (ext. 110). This is a great opportunity to reconnect with your family.
- Community Blood Drive at the K of C Hall on Monday, September 27, from 1 pm to 7 pm
- The Kindred Spirit Thursday Morning Bible Study resumed meeting on June 3, 2021 at 10 am in the Schleigh Library. PLEASE COME AND JOIN US. (Please enter through the Faith Formation Entrance.)
- The Legion of Mary meets in the library every Monday at 7:00 pm. A number of us meet every Tuesday at 6:00 pm to pray the rosary.
Living In Faith Together (LIFT) Information
Please pray for our parishioners who have gone to be with the Lord...
- Martin James Donahue, born May 2, 1939, died September 9, 2021
- Virginia Margaret Razzano, born July 12, 1928, died August 19, 2021
- Mary C. Slusser, born November 24, 1942, died July 26, 2021
- Mary Theresa Falcetta, born January 28, 1926, died July 19, 2021
- Eleanor M. Leone, born December 4, 1924, died June 25, 2021
- Constance E. Como, born August 18, 1960, died June 21, 2021
- Joseph D. Monteleone, born July 11, 1927, died May 28, 2021
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Church of the Beloved Disciple whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Click here to register at AmazonSmile.
New to our Community? Join our Parish!
Welcome to our parish! Please contact the parish office for an appointment to register or print a copy of the Parish Registration Form to fill out at home. You can mail or deliver your completed form or place it in the collection basket. If your printer permits, you may print it on both sides of the paper. We hope you will become a part of our parish family!
For all Sacraments: Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Penance, Marriage and Holy Orders, or the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), please call the parish office for information and assistance.
Submit a Prayer Request